If your first instinct is to go to Google when you want to learn or buy something, then you’ve most likely come across businesses that use SEO. Short for Search Engine Optimisation, SEO is an ongoing process aiming to improve the appearance and positioning of web pages in an organic search, the results that aren’t ads.
For a business, this helps to welcome potential customers into your world by optimising your website to be the answer that appears, when the relevant audience is searching for information.
As 77% of users are positively influenced by online search, it’s even more important that businesses utilise SEO. We’ve outlined the different types of SEO and what it could do for a business’s online presence.
Types of SEO:
- Local: The way to go for a local business. This assists your ranking in a local search engine listing, which goes hand-in-hand with Google My Business and Google Maps.
- On-page: On-page SEO ranks your web pages based on the content on your pages, e.g., titles, body text, links, image descriptions, etc.
- Off-page: SEO that refers to backlinking, a way of installing ‘votes of confidence’ into your website from other sites that link to your webpages, this could be anything from social media to an online advertisement.
- Content: This covers the SEO of a variety of online content including videos, slideshows, blog posts, etc.
- Mobile: The basics of SEO on mobile are the same, but the focus on aspects such as clear navigation and easily clickable links are more predominant.
- Technical: Optimising your web pages for technical aspects such as page loading times, mobile-friendly pages and SSL certificates.
- E-commerce: On an E-commerce website, the SEO is focused on keywords. Implementing keywords that tie in with your products is the main driver of ranking higher in an E-commerce setting.
Businesses are not limited to using only one type of SEO and many of them tie in with each other. The optimisation is dedicated to guiding your specific audience to the website naturally and can be used as a highly effective tool in targeting people at any stage of the marketing funnel. With 75% of users never scrolling past the first page of search results, it can be a powerful system in improving both the quality and quantity of traffic to your website.
Austin Marketing provide SEO strategies that are tailored to your business goals, build trust in your brand and support the other aspects of your marketing strategy. We provide ongoing SEO support for our clients, with each strategy unique to its business. Get in touch.